Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Casualty

I was sad to see that Mint Restaurant closed last week. Dublin has few enough fine dining establishments as it is without one of the best ones closing. There were better-informed people than I who said that cooking at that high level is only viable in a bigger premises, and maybe the slowdown in business put them on the wrong side of the knife-edge. Either way, I am sure the talented Mr. McGrath will be back at some stage.

Anyway, it is a loss to the restaurant scene, but the staff are suffering a bigger loss and I'm sure some suppliers will have to take a hit as well. All in all, bad news all round.

1 comment:

Will said...

Very sorry to hear about this, to my mind Mint was producing the best food in Dublin by a good bit. Mint wasn't the best restaurant, too many negatives, but the food was inspirational!