Thursday, April 24, 2008

Muddy Water new arrivals

Just in is the new vintage Dry Riesling from Muddy Water, which has been getting many plaudits from press all over the world, such as this from Foodservice magazine April 2008:

"This is so pure. A feather-light riesling showing supreme elegance and delicacy, yet with superb concentration and intensity"

As usual, I don't have much of it! Also got in some Hare's Breath Pinot Noir, also from Muddy Water. Leaving aside the dodgy name, this single vineyard wine has proven to be very popular since its launch. It is quite savoury, spicy and quite a bit of oak (35% new French oak) - a bit unusual, a bit moe like a Californian Pinot that NZ, but delicious nonetheless.

Looks like my prediction was correct - I'm sure closing off-licences at 10 PM or whenever will be hugely successful in changing the binge-drinking culture of the small percentage of the population who make fools of themselves every weekend.

I close at 8pm and I can still drink too much. Of course, I don't. Not often, anyway.

No comments: