Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thinking about Bordeaux

I have been thinking about Bordeaux a lot recently. I am a fan of its wines, I think that they can be some of the best wines you can get, when they are good. It is, of course, a bit of a minefield. They can be weedy, green and unpleasant at the lower end, and then it climbs a graph of price and quality until the prices just become out of reach for the average Joe.

So, there exists, I believe, an area where Bordeaux delivers not only an excellent wine experience, but also good value for money. The problem is, where does it lie - €10 - €30? €15-€40? €25-€60.

Anyone on for a tasting to find out?

1 comment:

Will said...

I think the biggest factor about bdx rather than price is age. These wines really need some serious time to settle down. I'm game for a tasting and have some bottles that I could contribute, depending on when and where.

Cheers,
Will