Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wexford Wine Circle

I did a tasting with these nice people last week in the Talbot Hotel, Wexford and I am a bit late getting around to my report of the night...
I am, of course, originally from Co. Wexford (Oulart, to be exact) so I am reasonably familiar with the lie of the land in these parts; it was still my first tasting in 7 years in Wexford.
We tasted:

Prosecco La Riva dei Frati
Pinot Grigio, Gregoris
Soave, Pieropan
Dolcetto d'Alba, Enzo Boglietti
Chianti Rufina, Basciano
Salice Salentino Riserva, San Donaci
Cerasuolo di Vittoria, COS
Barolo, Boroli

We started off safe with the old stalwarts of Prosecco and Pinot Grigio, and then wandered slightly off the beaten track with such lovely wines as COS Cerasuolo and the Dolcetto from Enzo. The wines were all well received, everyone had their favourites, but I was really pleased with the reaction.

It is good now and then to taste the wines in public, it renews your faith in the wines you sell.

Good night had by all...

No comments: